Thursday, June 11, 2015

Drawstring Purse, Dance Recital and Wedding Anniversary

Hello friends!  Hope this finds you all doing well, and having a great week!  This past weekend was a busy one for me.  On Saturday we had Adelyn's dance recital at 1:30, then my cousin's wedding reception at 4:00.  Another cousin also got married that afternoon, but we couldn't make it to that one.  Too many things going on in one day! 
For the recital that was on Saturday, I decided Friday evening that instead of giving Adelyn flowers after her recital I wanted to give her something crocheted.  So this little drawstring purse is what I came up with.  I didn't use a pattern.  Just did my own thing, and I must say I am pleased with how it turned out. :)  The yarn I used is Hobby Lobby's Baby Bee Hushabye Ombre in the colorway Crayon. This is the first time I had ever used this yarn, and I absolutely love it.  It was a dream to work with! Anyhoo, without further ado, here are a couple pics of the purse.  The coloring in the first picture is more true to life, than the second picture.

Shown here are the little items I tucked into the purse.  She is like Gramma Rita in that she loves to write and draw, so I knew this would make her happy. :)

And here is a picture of Adelyn, with her flowers and drawstring purse, after her recital.

Saturday was also Rick's and my 34th wedding anniversary.  So, since our whole family was together and dressed up, we had a family picture taken.  This was taken after Adelyn's recital.

Here is the beautiful flower arrangement Rick got me for our anniversary.  He finally knows what I like...a mixture of colors!  :)

Lastly, here is a picture that was taken at my cousin's wedding reception.  Rick and I were dancing during the anniversary dance. Pardon my backside.  ;)

As always, I thank you for visiting, and I hope you enjoy the upcoming weekend!  Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

  1. Happy anniversary! Sounds like a busy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what a lot of fun celebrations you had! Love the family photo! Enjoy your week ahead. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy anniversary to both of you !!:) I enjoyed watching all the lovely pics:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adelyn looks so cute - I bet she loved her purse from Grandma. Happy Anniversary to you and your husband! :)

    ReplyDelete