Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Sharing

First of all, Happy New Year to all!  May you enjoy many blessings throughout 2013.

I finally get to share some things with you.  Woohoo!  So much of what I’d been making couldn’t be shared until after we had our Christmas.  And that got postponed until the 30th since Lawson decided to come on the 24th. So, without further ado, here are some of the things I worked on during the last few months.

First up is this afghan I made for my son. I joined the Sarafia squares CAL, but couldn’t post my progress since I didn’t want the wrong person to see it! I am truly irritated at how “ruffly” the edging turned out. (I didn’t follow a pattern, just did my own thing.) Not sure why it did that, as I took care to make sure I wasn’t getting too many stitches around the edge.  Perhaps once it is washed and dried, it won’t look so ruffly. I can only hope!  The color of the yarn isn’t showing up properly in these pictures.  I’d say it’s somewhere between the two…not as light, but not as dark.  LOL

IMG_9182-001

IMG_9184-001

Here are the towels that I made for various people on my Christmas list.

IMG_8962-001

IMG_8964-001

IMG_8966-001

IMG_8969-001

IMG_8973-001

Crochet edged washcloths…one for Clayton and one for Adelyn.

IMG_8975-001

IMG_8976-001

I haven’t given this to anybody yet, but I’m thinking if it fits Adelyn’s head, it will be hers. I was just tinkering around when I made it.  I love the vibrant colors!

IMG_9308-001

This sweater set and blankie are Lawson’s.

IMG_9191-001

Water bottle holder for my brother-in-law.

IMG_0037-001

A variety of potholders.  They haven’t all found homes yet, but they will eventually.

Potholder collage Dec 2012

A Santa hat for Lawson.

IMG_9699-001

I made a few other things, also, that I apparently didn’t take pictures of.  Perhaps I’ll get pics of the items as time goes by, but if not…well, this post gives you an idea of some of the things I’ve been keeping busy with. Thanks for looking, and again, Happy New Year!

5 comments:

  1. They all look so nice Rita - and Lawson is such a handsome little fella. Congrats to the family!

    I wish you and yours a very Happy New Year. Thank you so much for dropping by my blog this year. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year Rita to you and your beautiful family. Lovely things you made! Especially love the afghan! Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy new year to you! All the items you created are very nice but Santa hat for Lawson takes the cake :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year. I love how your son's afghan has a camo look. Everything is pretty but I esp. like the crochet edge washcloths and the towels and the buttons are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. my goodness, everything is beautiful, esp. the baby!
    love the little buttons on the towels. great job! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete