Monday, October 29, 2012

Sailboat Doily & a Hurricane

I’ve been wanting to make this doily for quite some time now.  The pattern is from the June 2011 issue of Crochet World. So, one day last week I set out to make a sailboat doily for myself. Oh my…my, my, my…it tested my patience big time, truth be told.  The “fill-in” section made my head spin while trying to understand the directions and keep my sailboats from getting twisted all around.  I ended up scanning the magazine picture of the doily, enlarging the portion I needed to see more clearly, and pretty much went by that to do the fill-in sections.  I think I did it right…but even if I didn’t, I really don’t care.  Looks fine to me.  LOL  I am not happy with the pic I am posting, but since the weather has been nasty, I wasn’t able to get a pic of it in decent light. I laid the doily on my couch, and had to use the flash.

Also, I wanted to post this now in case the power goes out…which I imagine it probably will.  We are to get high winds and rain from Hurricane Sandy.  Not looking forward to it, but will certainly be glad when it is out of here.  Hopefully there will be no, or minimal, damage.  The nasty winds are to start here sometime this afternoon. 

IMG_8352-001

6 comments:

  1. I like it Rita - it looks pretty. Stay safe in the storm. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful - you did a great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice! :) I am always confused about joining colors in the middle of a doily round. How do you do it? Or are those red and White portions done separately ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Preeti. :) With this doily the sailboats were made separately and then attached. The parts in between the sailboats were called the "fill-in" sections, and they were really a pain to do. But I am glad I persevered and finished it. :)

      Delete