Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Do You Do This?

I’m rather annoyed with myself right now.  LOL  I spent hours today looking for the perfect project for some colorful yarn I have.  I bought several different skeins at JoAnn’s recently, all in solid, rather bright colors.  I tried at least four different projects today, and none of them suited me.  I thought I wanted to make Japanese flowers. I like to experiment with putting various colors together, but when *I* do it, I don’t think it’s as pretty as when others do it. Also, it turns out I just am not that into changing colors constantly. I knew that, but thought surely I could pull myself up by my bra straps and go for it. I love to see those that others have made, and was inspired to try it for myself.  But changing all those colors was really getting on my nerves.

So, I tried another pattern for a granny flower square.  Again, didn’t like changing colors constantly.  It’s not the changing colors that bothers me…it’s the incessant weaving ends in that gets to me. I am not a patient person. :p

After that I tried two more patterns, but again, was not enjoying the color changes.  So, here it is almost bedtime and I have pretty much accomplished nothing today, along the lines of crochet. Nothing to show for my hours and hours of searching and crocheting. Just wondering if other crocheters do that.  Please tell me I am not alone.  Please.  :)

So, I guess my new mission is to find a colorful project that doesn’t have a gazillion color changes.  Wonder if such a thing exists.  Hmmm…

6 comments:

  1. You're definately not alone Rita. I've been thru that quite a few times. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Move over girls, I'm with ya also. Many times I'm really excited over a pattern and how it looks but just can't get into it to make. Sorta in that mode myself at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me too! I do this all the time! I fall in love with a pattern, but my yarn doesn't work, or I have a perfect yarn and no perfect pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am EXACTLY the same way which is why I stick with simple projects. I hate changing colors all the time, even with cross-stitch now. I don't want to keep switching or weaving ends. I don't want anything too hard where I have to keep reading the pattern over and over just to keep up. I love all the giant granny squares out there and don't mind changing colors with that as it is easy to weave in as you crochet along but I never feel like I can put the colors together as nicely as everyone else. I love how some folks can just pick up any number of colored yarns and start creating something that turns out beautifully whereas if I did it, just don't think it would be quite the same. Guess we are our own worse critics. I'm making pretty pouches right now and enjoying that alot. Tomorrow is another day. I'm sure you will get going on something. Best wishes, Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm like that sometimes. I'll think about what I want to make, I search the internet for ideas, I ask my family what I should crochet, and I finally think of something when I should go to bed. I'm homeschooled though so I don't have to get up or go to bed early.
    By the way, you can crochet over the ends. It's very easy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my, I am exactly that same way at times! It really is an addiction, crocheting!! What I hate is not having something to crochet at all times. After I finish a project, I need to have another ready to start, or I have to quickly invent a project I need to do, and that requires finding the right colors and project. Then, I get real frustrated because I just don't like the way it looks, the colors are wrong, etc...and I get nothing done that day. I've learned by now that it just means go do something else for a while. Go shopping, take the kids out, walk the dog, brush the horse, etc...until a yarny project falls into sight :)
    ~Nancy~

    ReplyDelete