Monday, January 24, 2011

Sorting Things Out

Saturday night I decided it would be a good time to sort through my thread and perhaps organize it a bit. Let me tell you, I have so many partial balls of thread. To look at it, you wouldn't think I ever use any of it up, but I sure do. I try to use it on any project that I can. But wow, do I have lots of it! To make it more manageable to store, I decided to get rid of some of the balls that hardly had anything on them. I'm not just going to pitch them though...I hope to find somebody around here that can make good use of them. Maybe a nursing home, school, or someplace. I need to do some checking around.

This is after I had the partial balls pretty well sorted by color. I felt a tad overwhelmed. Please tell me I am not the only one that has so much thread! :O

This is a large grocery bag full of odds and ends, and I have another small bag full as well.

My two organized bins of partial balls of thread. I also have another bin with new balls of thread. I think I'm set for a while. I *almost* ordered some more thread over the weekend, but after sorting through all of this I thought it best not to. ;)

4 comments:

  1. No, Rita, you're not the only one having so much thread and I love every piece. Truly addicted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Same here! I have so many balls of thread, but I love them all equally. :) I'll have to put up a photo on my blog of the bags of balls. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel better now after reading about all your thread stash. I have two large bins full and now they are spilling over to another bin. It's nice to know that I am not alone out here. I think we should start a club!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, I'll adnit too, I am a crochet thread addict. :) It is a lovely box of possibility colors and creations that's what it is....What shall we call out club....Thread Stashers...

    It is a beautiful box of color potential.

    ReplyDelete